Another easy stir fry for lunch. Always the favorite of all young children in the family. The ridged gourd when cooked is soft and tasty, the eggs are just something extra.
When our mother was busy, she would prepare this and make it as a one dish lunch. Served with steamed rice, as always.
400 gr ridged gourd / luffa (2 medium sized)
1 tablespoon salt
¼ tablespoon white pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons water
- Peel the thick skin of lady’s fingers and chop them up into 1 inch cubes / 2 cm cubes.
- Break eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk them till slightly frothy.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan. On medium heat, slowly pour the egg onto the pan. Before it set, use a wooden spatula scramble up the eggs for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan / wok. Stir fry garlic till fragrant, around 2 minutes. Add chopped lady’s fingers, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry quickly for two minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add scrambled eggs and water.
- Lower heat and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Preparation 5 min
Cooking time 10 min